The Ones I Would Have Saved

Every horror fan has them. The inevitable victims that we just weren't ready to see die. The ones that if we were making the movie, we would have let make it to the final credits. Here are some of mine:

Note: I'm inevitably miss a few, so there may be a Part 2 to this list.

Note 2: I'm not including animals on this list, because it should go without saying that I NEVER want the animals to die. If I were making the films, all the animal characters would survive. And if I were God, all animals would live forever. Just saying...

Note 3: Spoiler Alert. Obviously.


Scott (Jeremy Sisto), Wrong Turn
Jeremy Sisto's character in Wrong Turn is always the first character who comes to mind when people ask me the "who would you save" question. I don't know why. I'm not even sure if his is the character I feel most strongly about saving. He's just the first that pops into my head.


R.I.P. Scott



Billy (Jeffrey Landman), Halloween 5
Poor Billy. He's just a kid! He's adorable and so sweet to Danielle Harris's Jamie. He should never have had to die.


R.I.P. Billy



Dick Halloran (Scatman Crothers), The Shining
He was my favorite character in the whole movie (not a difficult choice to make since the other main characters are all pretty annoying). And his death is so senseless. He barely makes it back to the hotel, before Bam! Jack gets him with an axe.


R.I.P. Dick



Helen (Sarah Michelle Gellar), I Know What You Did Last Summer
Because it's Sarah Michelle Gellar. And because Brandy plays essentially the same role (final girl's BFF) in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and gets to live. It's not fair.


R.I.P. Helen



Russell (Joe Anderson), The Crazies (remake)
He was such a good deputy, always ready to back up the Sheriff (Timothy Olyphant) all the way to the bitter end.


R.I.P. Russell



Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis), Halloween: Resurrection
Thank God the most recent Halloween movie retconned this.


Long Live Laurie!



Jenna (Danielle Panabaker), Friday the 13th (remake)
After everything she's been through, including outliving her douche bag boyfriend and striking up a flirtation with handsome Clay Miller (Jared Padalecki), she doesn't deserve to die near the very end of the movie. It's just not fair.


R.I.P. Jenna



Mark (Tom McBride), Friday the 13th Part 2
He was cute and earnest, and he was just about to get laid. Couldn't Jason have at least waited until after he had sex?


R.I.P. Mark



Tatum (Rose McGowan), Scream
and
Randy (Jamie Kennedy), Scream 2
They're two of the best characters in the series, and while I love the core trio of Sydney, Dewey, and Gale, I would also have loved to see what these two characters could have brought to the sequels if they'd lived.



R.I.P. Tatum & Randy



Otto (Bill Hugh Collins), The Prowler
The Prowler is one of my favorites, but I always get a little sad when Otto's death roles around. He saves the heroine and is having a sweet moment when the killer suddenly pops back up and shoots him. Otto was such a sweet, gentle soul. He deserved to live to see another day.


R.I.P. Otto



Nick Hardaway (Julian Sands), Rose Red
and
Kevin Tighe (Victor Kandinsky)
Julian Sands is beautiful to look at it, and his character, Nick, was probably the smartest of all the psychics. Victor's death just made me very sad. He seemed like a sweet, lonely old man, and I always tear up a little when he dies.



R.I.P. Victor & Nick


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: How to Recognize a Demon Has Become Your Friend

Book Review: The Valancourt Book of Victorian Christmas Ghost Stories

Home for the Holidays