Book Review: The Visitor

 I don't normally read a lot of alien horror. Despite Aliens and Independence Day being two of my favorite movies, the overall sub-genre of sci-fi horror has never held a lot of appeal to me. If there's more out there as good as Sergio Gomez's The Visitor though, maybe I should be changing my tune. I'd been wanting to read one of Gomez's books for a while now, and given The Visitor's short length and Christmas setting, I figured this would be a good jumping off point.

And I'm so glad I checked this one out! I ended up loving it! Gomez's novella is a fast paced, fun thrill ride, and his writing really sucks you in. I flew through this one - I had read half the book before I even realized it. Despite the short length and the fast pace though, Gomez is still able to. craft likable and believable characters, whose fates I was invested in.

Best of all: The Dog Lives!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: How to Recognize a Demon Has Become Your Friend

Book Review: The Valancourt Book of Victorian Christmas Ghost Stories

Book Review: Shirley Jackson's Dark Tales