The Ones I Would Have Saved: Part II

Every horror fan has them. The inevitable victims that we just weren't ready to see die. The ones who, if we were making the movie, would have made it to the final credits.

This is Part 2 of my list of them.

Note: I'm not including animals on this list, because, once again, it should go without saying that I NEVER want the animals to die. If I made the rules, no animals, fictional or real, would ever die.

Note 2: Spoiler Alert. Obviously



Dillon (Dave Sheridan), Victor Crowley
He's sweet, goofy, and ultimately heroic. Plus he reminds me of a good friend of mine.


R.I.P. Dillon



Tracy Jarvis (Joan Freeman), Friday the 13th IV: The Final Chapter
She's such an awesome mom!


R.I.P. Mrs. Jarvis



Kate (Julia Rehwald), Fear Street: Part One - 1994
and
Simon (Fred Hechinger), Fear Street: Part One - 1994
The central romance of Deena and Sam is wonderfully sweet and the soul of the film, but, let's face it, these two were the most interesting characters. Especially Kate. She was a fucking badass and didn't deserve to go out like she did.



R.I.P. Kate & Simon



Cindy Verman (Emily Rudd), Fear Street: Part Two - 1978
Speaking of Fear Street deaths that had me tearing up...


R.I.P. Cindy



Peter (Christopher George), City of the Living Dead
Because he's Christopher George in one of my favorites of his roles.


R.I.P. Peter



Det. James Dalton (Christopher George), The Exterminator
Once again because he's Christopher George, in my other favorite of his roles.


R.I.P. Detective James Dalton



Coyle (Keegan Michael Key)
and
Baxley (Thomas Jane)
and
Williams (Trevante Rhodes)
and
Lynch (Alfie Allen)
and
Augusto Aguilera (Nettles), The Predator
These guys were the fucking best. I loved each and every one of them.


R.I.P. Coyle & Baxley & Williams & Lynch & Nettles



Tina (Wendy Kaplan), Halloween V
Tina is easily the best character to be introduced in the Halloween sequels.


R.I.P. Tina






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: How to Recognize a Demon Has Become Your Friend

Book Review: The Valancourt Book of Victorian Christmas Ghost Stories

Book Review: Shirley Jackson's Dark Tales