Awesome Ladies of Horror Part III

For this post, I've included some television characters, because there's good horror on television too. Also, it's my blog, so if I decide I want to include Laura from Little House on the Prairie on this list, who's going to stop me?


                            Buffy Summers (Sarah Michelle Gellar), Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy is my hero. I'm also madly in love with her.


Willow Rosenburg (Alyson Hannigan), Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Christine (Adrienne Barbeau), The Convent


Morticia Addams (Carolyn Jones, Angelica Houston, etc.), various adaptations of The Addams Family



Beverly Marsh (Emily Perkins, Annette O'Toole, Sophia Lillis), IT


The heart of the Loser's Club.


Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), True Blood
I've never understood why so many fans don't like her. Although I do think the show ultimately let her character down in  its final season, the show let everyone down in its final season, so no big surprise there.


Pam De Beaufort (Kristen Bauer van Straten), True Blood


Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie), Sleepy Hollow


Kelly Scott (Bridget Fonda), Lake Placid


Reba (Yancey Butler), Lake Placid series
The Lake Placid sequels tend to be shit, but Yancey Butler is always watchable.


Jackie (Andree Honore), Slumber Party Massacre
Kim: "He's dead, alright. Cold."
Jackie: "Is the pizza?"
She then proceeds to eat the murdered delivery man's pizza and earn her place in my heart forever.


Diane Freeling (JoBeth Williams), Poltergeist


Christine (Christina Vidal), See No Evil


Amber (Ryan Duzich), Kill Theory


Bo (Anna Silk), Lost Girl


Tamsin (Rachel Skarsten), Lost Girl
Speaking of shows that did a disservice to their characters in the last season, Tamsin deserved better!


Marisa (Robin Riker), Alligator


Tara Boumdeay* (Karen Waldron), Return of the Killer Tomatoes
*Yes, I'm aware she's technically a tomato.

Trillian St. James (Famke Janssen), Deep Rising


Donna Hayward (Laura Flynn Boyle), Twin Peaks
My favorite character in a show full of great, kooky characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: How to Recognize a Demon Has Become Your Friend

Book Review: The Valancourt Book of Victorian Christmas Ghost Stories

Book Review: Shirley Jackson's Dark Tales